- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 white mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube, or 1 tsp beef stock concentrate
- 28 oz can pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- thin spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- grated Parmesan for topping
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add carrot and mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until browned, 5-6 minutes.
Add the wine and bring to a boil, and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until wine is reduced. Add tomato paste, Italian seasoning, tomato puree, brown sugar, beef stock cube, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Spoon the Bolognese sauce over cooked noodles, and top with grated parmesan. Enjoy!