- 6 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin (I used a mandolin)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- salt and pepper, about 1 teaspoon of each
- butter for greasing the pan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together except goat cheese and mix well. Crumble the goat cheese and place it around the dish as you layer. They will melt and blend throughout the dish in the oven.
Layer the mixture into your greased baking dish, then pour heavy cream over entire dish, cover with foil, and bake for an hour. After an hour, take the foil off and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until the top is golden. Let it rest until cool enough to eat without burning your mouth!